1. A car manufacturer produces only red and blue models which come out of the final testing area completely at random. What are the odds that 5 consecutive cars of the same color will come through the test area at a time?
A. 1 in 16
B. 1 in 12
C. 1 in 32
D. 1 in 25
2. Find the sum (in Rs) which when divided among four persons A, B, C, D in the proportion 2:3:5:8 provides Rs 8420 less to D then what it provides to him when the given proportion is
3. A file of cadets consisting of ten rows and five columns measures 420 m in length along the direction of their marching. How much time (in hours and minutes) would it take to march for a stretch of 3 km, if the stride of each cadet is 80 cm and he takes 57 strides per minute?
A. 1 hr 10 min
B. 1 hr 20 min
C. 1 hr 24 min
D. 1 hr 15 min
4. A number is divided by 1001 (the prime factor of 1001) and it was divided in succession by 7,11 and 13, to obtain the remainders 4,6 and 12 respectively. What would have been the remainder if the number was divided directly by 1001?
5. A person gains Rs.357 on selling a tablet at 13% gain and a chair at 6% gain. If he sells the table at 15% gain and the chair 8% loss, he gains Rs.203. What is the actual cost of the chair?