Flavors of Python simply refers to the different Python compilers. These flavors are useful to integrate various programming languages into Python. Let us look at some of these flavors :
1. CPython : CPython is the Python compiler implemented in C programming language. In this, Python code is internally converted into the byte code using standard C functions. Additionally, it is possible to run and execute programs written in C/C++ using CPython compiler.
2. Jython : Earlier known as JPython. Jython is an implementation of the Python programming language designed to run on the Java platform. Jython is extremely useful because it provides the productivity features of a mature scripting language while running on a JVM.
3. PyPy : This is the implementation using Python language. PyPy often runs faster than CPython because PyPy is a just-in-time compiler while CPython is an interpreter.
4. IronPython : IronPython is an open-source implementation of the Python programming language which is tightly integrated with the .NET Framework.
5. RubyPython : RubyPython is a bridge between the Ruby and Python interpreters. It embeds a Python interpreter in the Ruby application’s process using FFI (Foreign Function Interface).
6. Pythonxy : Python(x,y) is a free scientific and engineering development software for numerical computations, data analysis and data visualization based on Python.
7. StacklessPython : Stackless Python is a Python programming language interpreter. In practice, Stackless Python uses the C stack, but the stack is cleared between function calls
8. AnacondaPython : Anaconda is a free and open-source distribution of the Python and R programming languages for scientific computing, that aims to simplify package management and deployment. Package versions are managed by the package management system conda.